- Project Name: Radisson RED Hotel, Parks Precinct
- Project Type: Decking, cladding and pergolas
- Description: Eva-Last decking and pergolas complete forward-thinking hotel group’s green hotel in upmarket location
- Size: 80m2
- Product: Eva-tech, I-Series decking and Lifespan beams
- Date of Installation: August 2021
- Project Location: Rosebank, Sandton, Johannesburg
- Architect: DHK Architects
- General Contractor: Eva-Last Projects Decking and pergolas
SUSTAINABLE DESIGN AT THE HEART OF RADISSON REDAs a brand, Radisson RED has a stated commitment to sustainable design. This is in keeping with the development requirements of the Oxford Parks precinct, which mandates all construction within the zone to adhere to a minimum five-star Green Star rating.
LASTING DURABILITY ESSENTIAL
Eva-Last supplied composite decking and pergolas for the seventh-floor outdoor terrace, which features a swimming pool, terrace bar and gym. It is the prime entertainment area of the Radisson RED Rosebank, exposed to both regular heavy foot traffic and outdoor weather conditions.
While being selected for the products’ aesthetic appeal and sophisticated design appeal in this prime location, Eva-Last’s decking and pergolas are required to maintain their attractiveness while withstanding Johannesburg’s harsh weather, with no signs of discoloration, fading, cracking or warping.
KEY INFLUENCER QUOTE
“This was the design intent from the interior architects, who selected the product and design based on their vision. Eva-Last was chosen due to the durability and low to no maintenance requirements of the product. The products matched the design intent from look and feel, to incorporation of light spaces. The deck was also used to house the pool pumps, which was a clever design initiative. We are satisfied with both the aesthetics and lack of wear and tear apparent from the products.” – Charmaine Spasojevic, Lead Fixer, Radisson RED Hotel, Rosebank
SUMMARYEva-Last decking and pergolas chosen for complete forward-thinking hotel group’s green hotel in upmarket location.
Photography Credit: Patrick King Photography
Click here to download a PDF version of this case study.