Job Title: Regional Sales Representative: Contractors, Dealers, and Direct Sales
Location: Johannesburg: Muldersdrift
Department/Group: Eva-Last Distributors PTY Ltd. – Johannesburg Channel sales
Travel Required: Yes
Position Type: Full-Time / Permanent
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company committed to leading global change in how people build and live?
Exciting opportunity to work with a leading manufacturer of building products in the outdoor living segment.
The Internal Sales Representative: Contractors, Dealers, and Direct Sales will play a key role in building relationships with existing customers and introducing our products to new customers. The ideal candidate will have a background in Internal Sales, Tele Sales and preferably for the construction or Building Materials industry, and sales experience (phone sales experience is a big plus!).
- Support to customers with various requirements.
- Utilizes specialized knowledge and experience to assist customers with issues such as product selection, pricing, availability, and refunds/exchanges.
- Determines customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and services. May recommend alternative products based on cost, availability, or specifications.
- Generates sales quotations requiring a working knowledge of company products, procedures, systems, and practices.
- Actively engages in selling company products and services.
- Provides material take-offs, estimates, and pricing for various requirements and building projects (e. g., decks, balustrades, pergolas, cladding, and structures).
- Enters orders into the company system.
- Provides training and assistance to less experienced Internal Sales Representatives.
- Handles incoming phone calls and e-mails from customers and provides requested information in a timely and efficient manner.
- Answer customer questions regarding topics such as products, pricing, availability, delivery, backorders, specifications, returns, credits, and order placements.
- Monitors scheduled delivery dates to ensure timely delivery and expedites, as needed.
- Investigates customer complaints or concerns.
- Relay customer concerns to others on the sales team and assist in investigating the issue.
- Resolves issues within company guidelines. As needed, escalates larger concerns to internal sales regional/territory manager for resolution.
- Provides support to the outside and inside sales team including administrative support and/or customer service.
- Provides accurate and timely support to the outside sales team, members of the inside sales team and/or to customers.
- An intimate understanding of the market, customers, and competition would be advantageous.
- Respond in a timely manner to all leads. Properly qualify and convert into viable opportunities and coordinate meetings with external sales representatives where applicable.
- Meet or exceed sales budget goals and performance KPIs on a monthly basis.
- Attend sales and technical training meetings, as required.
- Stay abreast of all technical data pertaining to industry products, materials, and equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Attend trade shows, meetings, seminars, and conferences as required.
- Drive all Eva-Last products and brands through decking and thatching contractors, general contractors, building Contractors, homeowners, specifiers, designers, property managers, multi-family builders & renovators.
- Foster an environment of open communication.
- Maintain a high work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Coordinate projects anticipate customer needs, planning, ordering, and issue resolution.
- Minimum high school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience in sales preferably in the construction or building industry.
- Proven track record in achieving sales quotas.
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue with a positive attitude when reaching the next potential customer.
- Previous experience in outbound call centers, inside sales experience, or related sales experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate patience and enthusiasm while communicating with potential customers.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships in a team environment.
- CRM/Salesforce experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Bilingual would be advantageous.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
To apply for this position, please fill in your details below. Only 1 application per person. Only successful candidates will be contacted.